For general inquiries, email email@example.com or:
Deanna Damon – Director, Branding and Licensing
Report a Violation
If you think you have seen unauthorized usage of TCU marks, names or logos, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
TCU Athletics Marketing and Licensing
TCU Box 297600
Fort Worth, TX 76129
Office: (817) 257-7969
Fax: (817) 257-7964
Any entity wishing to use TCU’s trademarks on products must first obtain a license. IMG College Licensing issues the following licenses.
• Standard License: A standard license is needed for companies that wish to manufacture collegiate product for six or more institutions, and is typically reserved for larger companies who have established production and distribution capabilities, and/or who offer a new or unique product. Standard licensees are allowed to sell product at retail and royalties are assessed on all merchandise sold.
• Local License: A local license is needed for companies that desire to obtain a license with an institution located in their immediate in-state marketplace and be licensed with no more than five in-state universities. Local licensees are allowed to sell product at retail and royalties are assessed on all merchandise sold.
• Internal Campus Supplier: An Internal Campus Supplier (ICS) license is needed for companies wishing to produce products only for internal campus departments and groups. ICS licensees are not allowed to sell product at retail.
All licensed goods for sale to the public are subject to a royalty. The royalty rate is determined by TCU and subject to change.
TCU, at its sole discretion, has the ability to exempt products bearing the TCU trademarks under established guidelines. Exempting royalties is done in writing and does not exempt the requirement to use a licensed vendor for production.
Campus Departments/Student Organizations
Any department or organization wishing to produce a product bearing any TCU trademark must use a licensed vendor who is approved to sell in the restricted channel. The following steps should be used by campus departments or student organizations wishing to produce any product bearing a TCU trademark:
1. Generate the concept for the product, including how the product will be distributed/sold and to whom.
2. Use the list below or contact the licensing department to receive a list of approved vendors.
3. Department/Organization chooses licensed vendor.
4. Vendor submits design to The Collegiate Licensing Company.
5. Licensing department approves the artwork.
6. Vendor produces product and ships to department/organization.
The mission of the licensing department is to promote, protect, maintain and control the marks of the University.
Any faculty/staff member, student group or organization, outside individual, commercial organization or company wishing to use TCU’s Trademarks must obtain permission to do so. All of TCU’s Trademarks must be produced under license or permission granted by TCU.
Policy on Licensing & Trademarks
The University reserves the right to prohibit uses that it deems inappropriate or inconsistent with the image and mission of an educational institution.
Use of TCU’s Trademarks without license or permission is strictly prohibited. Prior authorization of the use of TCU’s Trademarks will not be construed as an authorization of use in the future, nor will any prior course of conduct, use or infringement prohibit TCU from enforcing any of its rights with respect to Trademarks. TCU reserves the right to pursue any and all legal remedies and will take whatever measures necessary to protect its Trademarks from infringement.
View TCU’s protected marks.
Licensed products maintain the integrity of the TCU brand. We encourage consumers to support TCU by purchasing licensed merchandise.
Apply for a License
For more information on becoming a licensed vendor start the application process.
IMG College Licensing
1075 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why should I buy officially licensed TCU merchandise?
Officially licensed collegiate products have been reviewed, quality assured and deemed appropriate to associate with the University. Also, a portion of your purchase helps support the University.
Where can I purchase licensed merchandise in the Fort Worth area?
Visit the TCU Campus Store or check with your local retailer.
When do I need a license?
You will need a license if you or your business/organization wishes to produce any product bearing TCU trademarks that is to be sold or in any type of advertisement to promote the sale of your goods or services.
I would like to have a product made to distribute to my employees and/or customers that features my company’s logo as well as the TCU logo. Do I need a license?
Yes. Please contact IMG College at (817) 257-5141 to learn more.
What products can be licensed?
As a general rule, TCU considers products that are of high quality and in good taste. Please note the following products that TCU will NOT license:
• Alcoholic beverages/tobacco products
• Gambling-related products
• Sexually suggestive products
• Obscene products that may potentially damage TCU’s reputation
What are the costs associated in becoming a licensee?
IMGCL has prepared an extensive overview document that details all aspects of the licensing application process for the licensing agreements that it administers, including a summary of an applicant’s first-year costs. Please click here to view timelines and estimated costs.
How do I know if a product is licensed?
Look for the `Officially Licensed Collegiate Products’ label and hologram sticker, which ensures the items you are purchasing have been approved by the University.
On game day, TCU Team Store and TCU Campus Store have the exclusive rights to sell merchandise on campus property. If you see someone else selling merchandise, it is NOT licensed.
Is my business allowed to use the logos of TCU in congratulatory messaging?
The use of TCU logos by third party entities is prohibited without express written permission from TCU and IMG College.