Filming Location Requests
Filming information for:
Outside Groups Wanting to Film On Campus
Thank you for your interest in TCU as a possible filming location. The Office of Marketing & Communication evaluates all filming requests and processes all required paperwork, including insurance certificates and fees. As an educational institution, TCU’s foremost responsibility is to the learning environment of its students. However, outside filming and photography is occasionally permitted.
Terms & Conditions
Any group wishing to film or conduct photo shoots on the TCU campus must:
- Complete the request form below at least 30 days in advance of the filming or photo shoot date.
- Pay a location fee.
- $1,000 for four hours
- $2,000 for a full day (five to eight hours)
- Provide a certificate of insurance ($1 million insurance umbrella policy naming TCU as the additional insured).
- Sign any paperwork deemed necessary by TCU Conference Services.
- Have a marketing and communications representative accompany the crew during filming.
- Refrain from including TCU logos and landmarks in shots. Landmarks include the TCU sign, Frog Fountain, the Stadium and the Campus Commons.
- Step 1: For commercial filming requests, email a copy of the script or storyboard to email@example.com. Please use “Location request script” in the subject line.
- Step 2: Complete the form below.
Filming Request Form
Student Filming Requests
Current students may film on campus if they are filming specifically for a class project. Registered student organizations may also film on campus if the footage will be posted solely to their website or social media pages. Filming must not be disruptive, violate any other university rules, inconvenience members of the university community or create a safety hazard.
Locations: Students are responsible for obtaining permission from the appropriate department(s) in areas of campus where they wish to film. If questions or issues arise, students are encouraged to seek the assistance of the faculty member(s) who assigned the project.
Students wishing to film for other purposes must fill out the request form located under “Outside Groups.”
News Filming Requests
If you are a news media outlet and have questions or require assistance in coordinating a video or photo shoot, please contact contact the TCU News Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-454-0996.