Main Content

Licensing FAQ

Answers to the most common questions about TCU trademarks and licensing.

A trademark is a distinctive design, graphics, logo, symbols, words, or any combination thereof that uniquely identifies a business and/or its goods or services, guarantees the item’s genuineness, and gives its owner the legal rights to prevent the trademark’s unauthorized use.

  • Word (Texas Christian University)
  • Phrase (Go Frogs)
  • Symbol (Frog Hand)
  • Color (Purple and White)
  • Group of letters (TCU)

A licensee is a person, company or organization who has been granted the right, under legal agreement, to use TCU’s trademarks on products and merchandise.

Any person, organization or business that wishes to use TCU’s name, logos, marks or verbiage on any product must have a license prior to production and distribution. This includes businesses that sell to university departments, campus and student organizations.

Officially licensed collegiate product has been reviewed and deemed appropriate to associate with the university. Also, a portion of your purchase helps support TCU.

Look for the “Officially Licensed Collegiate Product” label or hologram. All retail licensees are required to include the CLC graphic, hangtag or holographic sticker with each product. This serves as notice to consumers that the merchandise is approved for sale by the university.

On game day, the TCU Team Store and TCU Campus Store have exclusive rights to sell merchandise on campus.

Unlicensed or infringing merchandise can also be identified if the item is poor quality, images and trademarks are distorted and/or trademarks are represented in a distasteful manner.

Visit the TCU Campus Store or check with your local retailer.

No, any co-branding of TCU’s trademarks requires a sponsorship agreement. Please contact Horned Frogs Sports Properties at 817-257-5141 or

If you are making an item for yourself that will not be sold or used for commercial purposes you do not need a license.

Please contact TCU Trademark Licensing at 817-257-7969 or