Every site must be validated to ensure it meets TCU’s brand standards and web policies. The site must pass every item on this checklist below before it is approved to go live.
Check in every browser Check on iPad and iPhone (both portrait and landscape views)
- Create a testing page and add the Kitchen Sink copy into the text editor. (http://html-ipsum.com/)
- Add images that are right, left and center aligned. Add an image caption. Make sure all of that content is styled accordingly.
- Check sidebar functionality. Ensure all widgets are styled like the rest of the website.
- Make sure that all elements are editable by the user.
- Install the Query Monitor plugin or the Debug Bar Plugin and navigate through the website to find any PHP errors.
- Check the WP Engine’s PHP error report
- Turn on debug mode on the site to find any PHP errors.
- Check if child theme contains a header.php or footer.php file. All child themes should NOT include these files.
Remove all the testing elements you added before the site goes live.
- Have correct settings in WordPress
- Include the official arched TCU logo in the upper left hand corner that links back to the TCU Home Page (http://www.tcu.edu) without opening a new window/tab.
- Display © Texas Christian University. All rights reserved.
- Hide the top WordPress admin bar that shows up when logged into the site
- Include a login link to the WordPress dashboard on the the front-end of the website
- Promote your business/company with wording such as “designed by your company name” or “site by your company name.”